The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Samajwadi Party (SP) have both released their manifestos for the Uttar Pradesh elections that begin on Thursday.
The BJP, released this – the party calls it its Lok Kalyan Sankalp Patra – through Union Home Minister of India Amit Shah, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Deputy CM Keshav Maurya, BJP state President Swatantra Dev Singh and senior leader Anurag Thakur. It was released in Lucknow on Tuesday.
BJP LOK KALYAN SANKALP PATRA
- Ensure a minimum of 10 years of imprisonment along with a fine of Rs
1 lakh in Love Jihad cases.
- Free electricity to farmers for irrigation and states that the BJP will strengthen the procurement of wheat and paddy at MSP.
- Mukhyamantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana will be started at a cost of 5,000 crores.
- Grant for construction of a borewell, tube well and pond and tank.
- Will renovate and modernize sugar mills under Cane Mill Renewal Mission at a cost of 5,000 crores and work to make sugarcane farmers share in profits by establishing 10 sugarcane mills on cooperative basis.
- Will provide health insurance to all Anganwadi workers and health friends under Ayushman Bharat.
- Will make such a system by making a law that if the sugarcane farmer does not get the payment within 14 days, then the sugar mill will give his interest to the farmer.
- Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana will be increased from 15,000 to 25,000.
- Chief Minister group marriage grant scheme will provide financial assistance of up to Rs 1 lakh.
- Will distribute 2 crore tablets and smartphones under the Swami Vivekananda Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana.
- Free scooties to college-going girls under the Rani Laxmi Bai Yojana. Also to ensure free public transportation for women over 60 years of age.
- Under the PM’s Ujjwala Yojana, the party will provide two free LPG cylinders on the occasion of Diwali and Holi.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Agri Infrastructure Mission will be created. So that farmers can get higher prices according to the grading of their produce.
SAMAJWADI VACHAN PATRA
This was also released in Lucknow on Tuesday by former chief minister and Samajwadi Party National President Akhilesh Yadav.
- MSP for all crops, a free fertilizers quota to poor farmers.
- All farmers will be made debt free by 2025.
- Rs 5 lakh each to the family of farmers who died in the farmers protest.
- MSP for all crops will be given and sugarcane farmers will get payments in 15 days.
- All farmers will get free power for irrigation, interest-free loan, insurance, and pension arrangements will be made.
- Samajwadi Pension’ will be relaunched.
- To create one million employment opportunities through youth start- up missions and free coaching for competitive examinations to all young people.
- 300 units of free power, free smartphones or tablets, cooking gas cylinders for women, and CCTVs at all major points.
- Employment for 10 million people in MSME sector
- Government job for ‘Shiksha Mitras’ within three years.
- 33% Reservation for Women in Government Jobs.
- ‘Urban Employment Guarantee Act’ on the lines of MNREGA.
- Provide the Samajwadi Thali for Rs10 in a big way to tackle hunger.
- Implement a zero-tolerance policy against “hate crimes” against women, minorities and Dalits.