By Auto Crat
With the trend in India of sale of SUVs top notch makers of cars are also trying to push into the country, even in this depressed market. Among them is Jaguar Land Rover, of Tata Motors. Land Rover has already started bookings for its fifth-generation luxury SUV, the new Range Rover, in this country. The price of this new Range Rover is expected to start from Rs 2.32 crore (ex-showroom, India).
The New Range Rover, known the world over for its luxury and off-roading capabilities, provides more refinement, customer choice and scope for personalisation.
The Range Rover history dates back 50 years and has remodelled luxury in this segment, to achieve excellent reports from around the world. With the purchasing power of High Net Worth Individuals in this country growing by leaps and bounds, and with the roads network keeping pace, demand for this segment is expected to grow. That is what JLR is targeting.
While this section of Range Rovers also has huge off-roading capabilities, such high priced cars are never likely to see life off tarmac roads. But that it has that extra capability, is always an added attraction.
The New Range Rover is desirable, and combines breathtaking modernity and aesthetic grace with technological sophistication and seamless connectivity.
According to Rohit Suri, President and Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India: “The Range Rover sits at the pinnacle of luxury SUVs in India and the new fifth generation Range Rover ups the desirability quotient significantly higher.”
The new Range Rover comes with a comprehensive line-up of six- and eight-cylinder powertrains. It provides the latest mild-hybrid (MHEV) 3.0 litre petrol engine, delivering power of 294 kW and torque of 550 Nm, and 3.0 litre diesel engine, delivering power of 258 kW and torque of 700 Nm.
The fifth-generation luxury SUV takes Land Rover’s modernist design philosophy to the next level, with a contemporary interpretation of its trademark profile to create an incredible design statement. The New Range Rover is defined by three lines that can trace their origins back through the generations; the falling roofline, strong waistline and rising sill line.
These trademark features combine with a characteristically short front overhang and a distinctive new boat tail rear complete with practical split tailgate to create an elegant profile that conveys Range Rover’s peerless presence.
The New Range Rover makes every journey an occasion to be remembered, combining advanced technology with modern luxury to deliver peerless refinement for every occupant, including those in the new third-row seats.
By eliminating unwanted noises, vibrations and distractions and reducing the cognitive load on the driver and passengers occupants will arrive at their destination feeling refreshed, even after the longest journeys.
With the seven-seat Long Wheelbase, up to seven adults can enjoy the luxury travel Range Rover provides. With no compromise on design or comfort, passengers in all three rows benefit from Semi-Aniline* and heated leather seats. These are also enhanced with powered movement, USB-C ports and task lighting.
Clarity of vision
For enhanced visibility and safety, Digital LED headlights1 with Predictive Adaptive Front Lighting use navigation data to pre-emptively follow the road ahead. The ClearSight interior rear view mirror gives an unobstructed view of the road behind you.
Included with 3D Surround Camera, ClearSight Ground View3 effectively lets you see ‘through’ the bonnet, while maneuvering lights illuminate the ground at low speed to help guide you safely into tight spots
Powertrains: Available in 3 powertrains- 3.0 l diesel, 3.0 l petrol and New 4.4 l petrol
Tranquil sanctuary : Cabin Air Purification Pro features PM2.5 filtration and nanoe™ X technology, helping to significantly reduce odors, bacteria, viruses and allergens
Perfect poise : Integrated Chassis Control with Dynamic Response Pro provides supreme ride comfort using Electronic Air Suspension that primes the vehicle for corners using eHorizon data.
- The Range Rover provides the latest mild-hybrid (MHEV) 3.0 litre petrol engine, delivering power of 294 kW and torque of 550 Nm, and 3.0 litre diesel engine, delivering power of 258 kW and torque of 700 Nm.
- A powerful new petrol flagship 4.4 litre Twin Turbo V8 delivers power of 390 kW and torque of 750 Nm.
- The six-cylinder petrol and diesel engines feature the latest 48 V MHEV technology which harvests energy usually lost under deceleration and braking to boost fuel efficiency.
- The new luxury SUV is available in SE, HSE and Autobiography models. A First Edition will be available throughout the first year of production, based on the Autobiography model and featuring a unique specification.
- It is exclusively available in a Sunset Gold Satin finish, among a choice of five exterior colours.
- Both Standard (SWB) or Long Wheelbase (LWB) body designs are available with five seats, while the New Range Rover LWB model is available with a third row for extended comfort for up to seven adults.
- The Range Rover is defined by three lines; the falling roofline, strong waistline and rising sill line.
- The third-generation Active Noise Cancellation system monitors wheel vibrations, tyre noise and engine sounds transmitted into the cabin and generates a canceling signal, which is played through the system’s 35 speakers.
- The Range Rover elevates Land Rover’s award-winning Pivi Pro infotainment technology with its largest ever touch-screen. The 33.27 cm curved, floating screen with a new semi-floating 34.79 cm Interactive Driver Display.
- Rear passengers get a new Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) system, which provides adjustable 11.4 inch HD touch screens mounted on the rear of the front seatbacks.
- They can be operated independently and support the connection of most devices with an HDMI port.